This WHS Health and Safety Representatives Register template may be used by organisations of all sizes.
- Purpose. 1
- Scope. 2
- Consultation requirements. 2
- Health and safety representatives. 2
- Notification to WHS Regulators. 3
- WHS Health and Safety Representatives Register 3
- Document information. 3
- Register 5
- Representative confirmation. 5
The purpose of this WHS Health and Safety Representatives Register is to record all WHS Health and Safety Representatives of [Organisation name] and as a reference source for providing the WHS Regulators with information on [Organisation name]’s Representatives. Before making a record in this WHS Health and Safety Representatives Register, you are required to read and comply with the following:
[Organisation name]’s WHS obligations extend to all workplaces in [business locations] and to all workers of [Organisation name]. The WHS obligations also apply to all current and future activities of [Organisation name], and to any new opportunities [Organisation name] may encounter from time to time.
For details of [Organisation name]’s WHS obligations, see the WHS Obligations Checklist and WHS Compliance Register.
[Organisation name] has a legal obligation to consult with staff on work health and safety matters including in the following circumstances:
- When undertaking risk management activities;
- When proposing changes that may affect the health and safety of staff;
- When making decisions about any work health and safety procedures; and
- When making decisions on, or reviewing, the adequacy of facilities for the welfare of staff.
In addition, [Organisation name] also has a legal obligation to consult with other WHS duty holders on matters of health and safety if [Organisation name] shares a concurrent work health and safety duty with such others.
To meet its obligations under WHS Laws, [Organisation name] has appointed a number of work health and safety representatives. The details of these representatives are set out in the WHS Health and Safety Representatives Register.
Functions of the WHS Health and Safety Representatives include:
- Act as representative for one or more work groups on work health and safety matters;
- Investigate health and safety issues;
- Facilitate flow of information on health and safety matters between [Organisation name] and staff;
- Monitor health and safety actions taken by [Organisation name];
- Investigate staff complaints raised in respect of work health and safety matters;
- Issue a stop work direction if there is reasonable concern that carrying out a particular work would expose a worker to serious risk. This is permitted only if the WHS Health and Safety Representatives have completed an approved training program;
- Issue a Provisional Improvement Notice where any of the WHS Health and Safety Representatives reasonably believe that a contravention of WHS Laws has occurred.
To comply with its legal requirements, [Organisation name] must ensure that the following are actioned: