This Compliance Management Policy describes the compliance management policy of an organisation. It defines the scope, responsibilities and structure of the compliance management system for on organisation as well as the compliance responsibilities of officers, senior management and employees within the organisation.
This Compliance Management Policy is suitable for organisations of all sizes and complies with the guidelines of the International Standard for Compliance Management Systems.
- Purpose. 1
- Scope. 2
- Policy statement 2
- Compliance risk. 2
- Management responsibility. 2
- Organisation responsibilities. 3
- Senior management 4
- Employees. 4
- Compliance requirements. 4
- Document information. 5
The purpose of this Compliance Management Policy (Policy) is to establish a compliance management process which will enable [Organisation name] to comply with all laws, regulations, industry and internal codes of conduct that impact on the business and to promoting a compliance culture, as well as upholding good corporate governance practices.
This Compliance Management Policy must be read in conjunction with the following documents:
- Compliance Organisational Structure
- Compliance Management Framework
- Compliance Management Procedures
This Compliance Management Policy applies to all directors, officers, employees, consultants and contractors of [Organisation name]. This Policy extends to all current and future activities of [Organisation name], and to any new opportunities [Organisation name] may encounter from time to time.
[Organisation name] is committed to developing, implementing, maintaining and improving on a compliance management system in accordance with the International Standard for Compliance Management Systems.
This Compliance Management Policy is consistent with [Organisation name]’s Code of Conduct which represents and upholds [Organisation name]’s commitment to integrity, fairness and ethical behaviour.
[Organisation name] recognises that compliance risk is inherent in all operating environments and is committed to managing such risks effectively and efficiently.
[Organisation name] is subject to a range of compliance obligations. The compliance management system is designed to achieve effective compliance with these obligations, which include:
- Regulatory and legal: Commonwealth and State legislation, enforceable codes, guidelines and regulatory instruments, licences, permits and contractual obligations;
- Organisational: [Organisation name]’s internal policies and procedures that reflect principles of good corporate governance considered consistent with ethical standards.
[Organisation name] has established a structure for compliance which is described in Compliance Organisational Structure.
The Board has ultimate responsibility for overseeing the performance of [Organisation name], including effectively monitoring the [Organisation name] compliance management objectives. The focus of the Board is as follows:
- Promote an organisation-wide approach by integrating compliance management processes with:
- business strategy and decision making; and
- risk, audit and general governance functions to achieve a fully integrated Compliance Management Framework (managing financial and non-financial risks);
- Develop and foster a compliance culture within the business which means: